On-Street Paid Parking Price Increase 2018
This spring, on-street parking rates will be increasing by $1.50. This change will take approximately six to eight weeks to fully implement beginning April 1, 2018 because each individual pay station needs to be reprogrammed manually.
You will know if new rates are in effect by the rate card on the pay station. A temporary sticker will also be placed on the front of a pay station to indicate there are new prices in effect when that pay station is updated. In addition, the table and maps below will be updated daily (weekdays only) indicating the project progress.
2018 WPA Meters Increase Roll Out Progress
- Downtown - Complete
- HSC - Complete
- Selkirk Avenue - Complete
- Tache Avenue - Complete
- Dominion Street - Complete
On-Street Paid Parking - Payment Information
- PayByPhone - Until all pay stations are updated, the PayByPhone app will charge the old rate. When all pay stations are updated, the PayByPhone app will charge the new rate. This is a great time to try out the PayByPhone app as you will benefit from the cheaper rate during this transition period.
- Paystations - as it will take a number of weeks to fully implement the rate increase, some pay stations will charge the increased rate and others will charge the old rate during this time. Updated paystations will display a new rate card to note the new rate in effect, and will have a “New rates in effect” sticker.
- Scratch N Park Meter Passes – current passes can be brought to the Winnipeg Parking Authority office at 495 Portage Avenue and exchanged for new high demand or low demand passes based on the new rate by paying the difference in value. Old passes will be honoured until June 1, 2018
Permit & Services Rate Increase
Please refer to our fee schedule for a listing of approved rates effective April 1, 2018.