The Parking Store, located at 495 Portage Ave., is closed to members of the public until further notice.
Effective Saturday, March 28, the City of Winnipeg will be making the following changes related to parking until further notice:
- Adding temporary 15 minute loading zones in various locations throughout the Downtown and the Exchange District.
- Offering one-hour complimentary parking at all on-street metered locations throughout Winnipeg. Please note, there is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive the one-hour complimentary parking. This is not to be combined with the existing two-hour complimentary Saturday parking in the Downtown area.
- Relaxing enforcement of 1-2 hour time limits on residential streets; however continue to obey all other parking restrictions (i.e. fire hydrants, back lanes, etc.).
Le Magasin de la Direction du stationnement, au 495, avenue Portage, est fermé au public.
À compter du samedi 28 mars et jusqu’à nouvel ordre, la Ville de Winnipeg apportera les changements qui suivent en matière de stationnement :
- Ajout de zones de chargement temporaires de 15 minutes à plusieurs endroits du centre-ville et du quartier de la Bourse
- Stationnement gratuit pendant une heure dans toutes les places minutées sur rue de Winnipeg. Veuillez noter qu’il n’est pas nécessaire de payer quoi que ce soit pour avoir droit à une heure de stationnement gratuite. Cette offre ne peut être cumulée aux deux heures de stationnement au centre-ville gratuit le samedi.
- Assouplissement des contrôles dans les rues résidentielles où le stationnement est limité à 1 ou 2 heures. Les autres restrictions en matière de stationnement (bornes-fontaines, ruelles, etc.) doivent être respectées.
Meter Payment Methods
Payment Types Accepted
Purchase parking using the WPA paystations which accept cash, Mastercard, Visa and American Express. You may also purchase parking using the PayByPhone App which accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Prepaid Visa and Prepaid MasterCard.
At this time we are unable to process payments using Visa Debit cards.
Benefits of using PayByPhone:
- All you need is your mobile phone
- Be automatically reminded when your time is almost up
- Extend your time from any mobile phone
- Stay safe and comfortable while paying
- View and print parking transactions online
Download the iOS or Android app, parking online at m.paybyphone.com, or call 1-204-957-7275.
Pay for your on-street parking without having to leave your vehicle or remembering to bring change. Get a text reminder when your time is almost up! Once the purchased maximum time for that parking spot has expired, you can use the PayByPhone app to buy an additional 30 minutes.
The Winnipeg Parking Authority has engaged PayByPhone, a company based in Vancouver, to provide motorists a convenient way to pay for parking using their mobile devices. Once you have registered with PayByPhone, you will be able to pay for your parking using your cell phone.
To learn more, visit PayByPhone’s Frequently asked questions page.
PayByPhone’s mobile parking payment service is free to use at the City of Winnipeg’s on-street locations and surface parking lots.
Monday to Friday
Payment is required for on-street parking during designated hours in the Downtown, Exchange District, West End, and in some areas surrounding hospitals. Paid parking is generally in effect from Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. However, these hours may vary so pay close attention to signage. For example, street signage may indicate you can only park from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in areas where there is no parking allowed during rush hour times.
The maximum amount of time that you can park before you have to move your vehicle to another block face is 2.5 hours. Again, street signage identifies the exact timeframes during which you are allowed to park.
Where rush hour restrictions exist (Monday through Friday), paystations are programmed not to accept payment and the coin slot will not open.
In areas where there are no morning rush hour restrictions, paystations will accept payment earlier than 8 a.m. In this case your receipt will be time-stamped for 8 a.m., even if you paid earlier.
TIP: Always check for signs indicating parking restrictions before you pay for on-street parking. If more than one sign is posted, look at the signs starting at the highest sign and work your way down.
On Saturdays, two-hour complimentary parking is available in all on-street paid parking locations except at on-street paid parking locations around the Health Sciences Centre and St. Boniface Hospital.
Two-hour complimentary parking applies to on-street parking only at any time between 8 a.m. and 5:30 pm on Saturday. There is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive two-hours of complimentary parking.
Paystations have a blue sticker adhered to them to identify when Saturday complimentary parking is available. In hospital areas, there is no sticker as payment is required to park on-street.
There is no requirement to pay for on-street parking on Sundays and no time restrictions.
There is no requirement to pay for on-street parking on the following Statutory Holidays. As a statutory holiday generally falls between Monday and Friday, there is a requirement to move your vehicle after the maximum time limited has been reached, as identified on the regulatory signage.
|New Year's Day||1-Jan||1-Jan||1-Jan||1-Jan||1-Jan||1-Jan||1-Jan|
|Family/Louis Riel Day||17-Feb||15-Feb||22-Feb||20-Feb||19-Feb||17-Feb||16-Feb|
|Terry Fox Day||3-Aug||2-Aug||1-Aug||7-Aug||5-Aug||4-Aug||3-Aug|
Scratch N’ Park Meter Passes
Scratch N’ Park Meter Passes are valid for one hour of parking, when the day, month, year and start time of parking are scratched.
Scratch N’ Park meter passes are sold in booklets of 10 and are a convenient way to pre-pay for on-street metered parking. There are two types of booklets available- one for the High Demand Metered Area or one for the Low Demand Metered Area.
- High Demand Meter Passes: a high demand pass can be used for one hour of parking within a High Demand area, or low demand area including the Health Science Centre and St. Boniface Hospital areas
- Low Demand Meter Passes: a low demand pass can be used for one hour of parking within a low demand area
- Not refundable for cash or other products/services
- Not replaced if lost or stolen
- If damaged, passes may be exchanged (scratch error does not count as damaged)
- If there is a paid meter price change, old passes may be exchanged for new ones by paying the cash difference (in person), as applicable.
- If outdated passes are unused, they may be exchanged for new ones (in person and by paying the cash difference if applicable)
Scratch N Park Meter Passes will not be exchanged without the physical passes being provided for exchange.
Displaying your Receipt
Your paystation receipt must be displayed FACE UP on your dash. If your receipt is not visible, you may get a ticket. It does not matter which side of the dash it is placed on, but we recommend the center so it is easy to see. Here are some other things to watch for:
- Leaving a window open: The weather is not always predictable. It may feel calm outside, but one good gust of wind through a partially-opened window can blow your receipt off the dash.
- High Demand Area Paystation Receipt: A high demand area paystation receipt purchased from a paystation in a high demand area (with a green stripe on the receipt) can be used to park in either the high demand, or low demand area, including the Health Science Centre and St. Boniface Hospital areas.
- Low Demand Area Paystation Receipt: A low demand area paystation receipt purchased from a paystation in a low demand area can be used only to park in the low demand areas.
- Not checking after closing the car door: It is always a good idea to check your receipt quickly AFTER you close your door. Closing your door quickly can create a breeze just strong enough to blow your receipt onto the floor.
- Remote car starters: This is the most mysterious force to knock a receipt off your dash. If you like to leave your heater on defrost, fan on high, and start your car from inside fifteen minutes before your appointment is over, your receipt will end up on the floor.
Also see information regarding 2 Hour Meter Permits.