Effective Saturday, March 28, 2020 until June 30, 2021, the following are changes related to parking:
- Offering one-hour complimentary parking at all metered locations throughout Winnipeg. Please note, there is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive the one-hour complimentary parking. This is not to be combined with the existing two-hour complimentary Saturday parking in the Downtown area.
- Relaxing enforcement of 1-2 hour time limits on residential streets with the exception of streets around Deer Lodge Centre where there are ongoing parking availability issues; however, residents must obey all other parking restrictions (i.e. obstructing fire hydrants, parking too close to intersections, etc.).
Effective Saturday, March 28, 2020 and throughout the pandemic:
- Adding temporary 15-minute loading zones in various locations throughout the Downtown and the Exchange District to benefit local businesses.
Depuis le samedi 28 mars 2020 et jusqu’au 30 juin 2021, les modifications suivantes s’appliquent au stationnement :
- Stationnement gratuit pendant une heure dans toutes les places minutées de Winnipeg. Veuillez noter qu’il n’est pas nécessaire de payer quoi que ce soit pour avoir droit à une heure de stationnement gratuite. Cette offre ne peut être cumulée aux deux heures de stationnement au centre-ville gratuit le samedi.
- On a assoupli le contrôle des limites de temps dans les rues résidentielles où le stationnement est limité à 1 ou 2 heures, excepté les rues à proximité du centre Deer Lodge, où il y a un manque constant de places. Toutefois, les résidents doivent respecter toutes les autres restrictions en matière de stationnement (ne pas bloquer les bornes-fontaines, ne pas stationner trop près des intersections, etc.).
Depuis le samedi 28 mars 2020 et pendant la pandémie :
- Ajout de zones de chargement temporaires de 15 minutes à plusieurs endroits du centre-ville et du quartier de la Bourse, pour aider les entreprises locales.
Parkades and Lots
Apply to Park in a Parkade/Lot
If you are the applicant, you must come in to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue. Please bring the following:
- completed application form
- credit card
- or void cheque (requires completed Pre-authorized payment form)
- deposit(s) if applicable
You will be required to pay for the first month in store. Permits and transponders do not expire until cancelled.
Form ➤ Millennium Permit Application
Form ➤ Pre-authorized Payment Form
Also see information regarding 2 Hour Meter Permits.
Rates & Locations
For current rates and locations please refer to Find Parking.
Changes to your Payment Method
If you wish to update your pre-authorized credit card on file, please contact Winnipeg Parking Authority by calling 311.
A pre-authorized payment form is required if:
- your direct banking information has changed
- your name has changed
- you would like to change your payment type from credit card to pre-authorized debit
Changes to your Vehicle Information
Changes to the vehicles associated to your permit can be made by filling out the form below and providing to WPA. All vehicles displaying a valid permit must be registered prior to parking at our facilities.
Plate updates require a minimum of 1 business day to be processed.
Cancelling a Parking Permit
If you no longer wish to park in a WPA parkade or lot, please remit the following to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue:
- written notice in the form of a completed cancellation form, providing one calendar month's notice.
- your permit or transponder (required by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month)
One calendar month’s written notice is required for cancellations. The cancellation must be received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority by the 1st of the month for cancellation to be effective on the last day of the month. The 1 month notice period will not start until this form has been successfully received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority.
NOTE: Failure to submit the form with proper notice prior to the requested cancellation date will result in charges continuing until a month’s notice has been provided. All parking equipment (transponders, access cards) must be returned to the Winnipeg Parking Authority Office (495 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E4), by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month - after this time any equipment deposits would be forfeit.