Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit
Effective September 1st, 2016, the owner/lessee of a recreational vehicle may apply for a temporary permit that will exempt the vehicle specified in the permit from parking time limits and one-hour limits that apply to large vehicles, trailers, etc.
- A temporary RV permit allows a single recreational vehicle to be parked on-street a maximum of 4 times per calendar year (January 1 – December 31), with a maximum duration of 3 days per occurrence.
- An applicant may purchase up to a maximum of 4 permits per household within a calendar year, with each permit being registered to one specific recreational vehicle.
A “recreational vehicle” (RV) means a vehicle designed for camping and other recreational purposes. It includes, but is not limited to, a motorhome, a truck on which a camper has been installed, a camping or travel trailer, and any trailer carrying recreational equipment such as a boat or other watercraft, a snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle or other off-road vehicle.
Your licence plate will act as your permit. These permits are Virtual; you will not receive a physical permit to display.
Applying For a Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit
The applicant must submit the following:
- Valid Licence (required for new customers only)
- Valid MPI Registration (blue piece) and the Certificate of Insurance (white piece) for each recreational vehicle; vehicles registered with “Lay-up Coverage” (storage) will not be added to the permit
- If you are not the owner, a lease or other agreement is also required
- Completed application form
All applications are subject to approval; upon approval and payment being submitted, a permit notification will be sent out to the email provided on the application advising the permit request has been processed. The permit will be kept in a “deactivated status” until the permit holder notifies our office at least 24 hours prior to the start date of a 3 day period.
All outstanding fines and or balances must be paid in full prior to the issuance of a temporary Recreational Vehicle parking permit.
For rates please refer to the Fee Schedule
The permit is non-transferable between recreational vehicle owners.
Permit Activation and changes to Your Vehicle Information
To activate and/or change the RV Permit you must fill out a form and submit the vehicle registration along with the licence plate update form.
For full instructions, please see form below.
Note: After hour submissions will be processed the following business day.
In the event a penalty notice has been issued after submitting the plate change request, please have the registered vehicle owner submit a request for screening.
Where to Go
|All Types of Permits
495 Portage Avenue
Hours of Operation