Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Winnipeg Parking Authority
The Parking Store

Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit

Effective September 1st, 2016, the owner/lessee of a recreational vehicle may apply for a temporary permit that will exempt the vehicle specified in the permit from parking time limits and one-hour limits that apply to large vehicles, trailers, etc.

  • A temporary RV permit allows a single recreational vehicle to be parked on-street a maximum of 4 times per calendar year (January 1 – December 31), with a maximum duration of 3 days per occurrence.
  • An applicant may purchase up to a maximum of 4 permits per household within a calendar year, with each permit being registered to one specific recreational vehicle.

A “recreational vehicle” (RV) means a vehicle designed for camping and other recreational purposes.  It includes, but is not limited to, a motorhome, a truck on which a camper has been installed, a camping or travel trailer, and any trailer carrying recreational equipment such as a boat or other watercraft, a snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle or other off-road vehicle.

Your licence plate will act as your permit. These permits are Virtual; you will not receive a physical permit to display.

Applying For a Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit

The applicant must submit the following:

  • Valid Licence (required for new customers only)
  • Valid MPI Registration (blue piece) and the Certificate of Insurance (white piece) for each recreational vehicle; vehicles registered with “Lay-up Coverage” (storage) will not be added to the permit
  • If you are not the owner, a lease or other agreement is also required
  • Completed application form
  • Payment

All applications are subject to approval; upon approval and payment being submitted, a permit notification will be sent out to the email provided on the application advising the permit request has been processed. The permit will be kept in a “deactivated status” until the permit holder notifies our office at least 24 hours prior to the start date of a 3 day period.

All outstanding fines and or balances must be paid in full prior to the issuance of a temporary Recreational Vehicle parking permit.


For rates please refer to the Fee Schedule

The permit is non-transferable between recreational vehicle owners.

Permit Activation and changes to Your Vehicle Information

To activate and/or change the RV Permit you must fill out a form and submit the vehicle registration along with the licence plate update form.

For full instructions, please see form below.

Note: After hour submissions will be processed the following business day.

In the event a penalty notice has been issued after submitting the plate change request, please have the registered vehicle owner submit a request for screening.

Where to Go

All Types of Permits Hours

495 Portage Avenue

Hours of Operation
Last update: February 10, 2023

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.