Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Winnipeg Parking Authority
The Parking Store

Social Service Provider Permit Program

Social Service Permits

Permits for Social Service providers who wish to park on a City of Winnipeg time restricted non-metered street for longer than the posted maximum are available. All other regulations and by-laws remain in effect.

It is the policy of the WPA that any and all outstanding fines and charges must be paid in full prior to the issuance of a parking permit.

Permit Types

Time Restricted - Permit will allow vehicle to be parked in excess of the posted time restriction on residential streets;

  • There is a limit of one permit per Social Service Provider which will be linked to a specific licence plate, and will not be transferable.
  • Permit does not exempt the holder from obeying all other posted traffic and parking regulations including max times and paying at metered locations.
  • Permit includes a limitation on parking on the same block for more than a total of 72 hours in a given calendar year.

For full terms and conditions please see the Social Service Provider Permit Application

Applying For a Permit

Permits can be applied for by attending our office during regular business hours. Please see below for the documentation we will require at the time of application. All applications are subject to approval.

Required Documentation

Item 1: Identification

A valid driver’s license is required for all permit applications.

Item 2: Valid MPI Registration

Always bring your valid MPI registration for each vehicle that requires a permit.

If you are not listed as the registered owner of the vehicle, a statutory declaration will need to be completed by the registered owner prior to the application being approved.

Form ➤ Declaration Form

Item 3: Proof of Employment

Proof of work in a social service provider capacity, such as:

  • Authorized letter from WRHA confirming vehicle owner is currently employed in home care capacity and is required to attend clients in multiple locations throughout the city;

  • Authorized letter from employing agency, such as a school division, that the vehicle owner is a social service provider that is required to attend to multiple work locations within the city. In addition to the letter, such service providers will also require proof of membership in a recognized professional association (such as the Manitoba Speech and Hearing Association, which regulates speech pathologists) that governs social service providers.


Social Service Provider Permit:

Application is required in person and payment will be due at that time.

You may start parking the day after the virtual permit is purchased and processed by our office. Visit our FAQs for more information pertaining to virtual permits.

Valid from January 1st - December 31st.

New applicants:

The cost of a new permit will be pro-rated to equal the amount left in the year.

Current Permit Holders:

All renewals will be charged at the full annual rate.

For current rates please refer to the Fee Schedule

Changes to Your Vehicle Information

Your licence plate will act as your permit. These permits are virtual; you will not receive a physical permit to display. Only one vehicle licence plate will be allowed per permit. If you update your licence plate you must fill out a form and submit the vehicle registration along with the licence plate update form.

Note: After hour submissions will be processed the following business day.

In the event a penalty notice has been issued after submitting the plate change request, please have the registered vehicle owner submit a request for screening.

Where to Go

All Types of Permits Hours

495 Portage Avenue

Hours of Operation
Last update: September 6, 2022

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.